In line with the amended Small Scale Funding Agreement (SSFA) signed between the Secretariat of Basel Convention (SBC) and National Environment Commission Secretariat (NECS) in April, 2016, a training workshop to discuss on the methodology for development of national inventory of hazardous waste was held on 6th and 7th July, 2016 at NECS Conference Hall. The workshop, funded by the Secretariat of Basel Convention, was attended by 19 relevant stakeholder agencies whose involvement is very important for the implementation of the amended SSFA which in turn is aimed towards resolving Bhutan’s implementation and compliance difficulties with its national reporting obligation under paragraph 3 of Article 13 of the Convention.
Following are the key points discussed in the workshop:
- Activities to be undertaken under the SSFA and expected outcomes
- Findings of an assessment of the Bhutan’s legal framework in relation to the Basel Convention on the Control of Transboundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes and Their Disposal
- Steps already taken to develop an inventory of hazardous wastes and other wastes, and the preliminary assessment of gaps towards the development of an inventory
- Training on the draft methodology for the inventory
- Establishment of technical teams( survey team) to carry out inventory
196total visits,1visits today