Following the decision of the 45th National Environment Commission meeting held on 25th March, 2017 and an executive order no. C-2/743 dated 2nd August, 2017, a Water Resource Technical Advisory Committee (WRTAC) is formed. The WRTAC is aimed to provide technical inputs to facilitate coordinated approach towards sustainable development and management of water resources in the country. The WRTAC shall replace the National Water Resources Board formed in 2011.
The following are the members of the WRTAC:
- Secretary – National Environment Commission Secretariat as Chairman,
- Chief – Water Resources Coordination Division, NECS as Member Secretary,
- Chief – Hydropower Development Division, DoHPS, MoEA as Member,
- Chief – Agriculture Engineering Division, DoA, MoAF as Member,
- Head – Center for Water Climate and Environment Policy, UWICER, MoAF as Member,
- Chief - Watershed Management Division, DoPFS, MoAF as Member,
- Chief – Public Health Engineering Division, DoPH, MoH as Member,
- Chief – Water and Sanitation Division, DES, MoWHS as Member,
- Chief – Risk Prevention and Reduction Division, DDM, MoHCA as Member,
- Chief – Hydrology and Water Resources Services Division, NCHM as Member,
- Research Department, Royal University of Bhutan as Member,
- Chief – Royal Society for Protection of Nature as Member.
1715total visits,2visits today