Review for completeness
Administrative staff or officer will review completeness of the application as per the checklist for processing Environmental Clearance and Renewal.
Notify applicant if some documents are missing
If the documents submitted are not in line with the checklist, communicate in writing to the applicant.
Remit the renewal fees
If the documents submitted are in line with the checklist, remit the renewal fees as per the Fee schedules to cover the cost of Administering the Environmental Assessment Act 2000 to the Accounts/Revenue Section who will issue a RMR.
Submit a copy of RMR
Submit a copy of RMR along with the application.
Acknowledge the receipt of application
- Administrative staff or officer will acknowledge the receipt of application for renewal of EC within two working days from the receipt of an application.
- Administrative staff or officer will maintain record of the application/project.
- Concerned officer will assign the application to a reviewing officer.
EATC meeting and approval
- The Chief, EACD will prepare an agenda for the EATC meeting.
- The reviewing officer will prepare EATC paper as per the EATC form and present to the EATC.
- The EATC will make a decision to renew or subject the application for corrective measures based on the compliance monitoring report.
- Any case of non-compliances to EC terms and conditions shall be referred to the EATC or as per the fine schedule
- Upon the remittance of the penalty or compliance with the sanctions, EC will be renewed by the Head of the Secretariat/Chief.